Saturday, October 25, 2008

Think Pink

While shooting at the college of medicine a few months back, Annette and I decided that we should do a fundraising campaign for breast cancer. I had always wanted to do a 'mother daughter sister friend' shoot with all the proceeds going to cancer. Being that it is Breast Cancer awareness month, we thought this was a perfect time. Here are Annette and I, the brains behind the operation.



I would like to thank everyone who came out and donated money to our cause, and in doing so got a lovely portrait out of the deal. Here are a few on my favorites:































I have to take a moment to talk about my mom. My mom is pretty special for many reasons. For example, yesterday she defrosted my freezer, cared for my son, and cooked a ham for me. Then came and got a photo with me and helped me carry out my equipment. Of course, all without complaint. When I phoned to thank her in the evening, she finds a way to turn it around and thank me for something. Part of the reason for me wanting to do this is that my mom got diagnosed with cancer 1 1/2 years ago. It's not breast cancer for her, but no matter the cancer we can all relate.
So you ask, how much do I love my mom? Words could never express. She is so beautiful. Here we are yesterday, enjoying each other.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As usual, your blog gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes. Great work.

Chels said...

Oh Tam, you bring me tears! You are an amazing, wonderful person and friend and an awesome daughter. You and your mom are so very lucky to share such a special relationship. It reminds me of how blessed I am to have such a great mom myself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy..I love checkin out your blog regularly now since I've had the pleasure to work with you and as I've said before I love your work. Beautiful pictures for a great cause..my dad too was recently diagnosed with cancer so this entry was especially touching for me!! Breezy and Jodi

Anonymous said...

tam..... like others have said - you are wonderful. such a artist at heart. i am so thankful that i get to see glimpses of you. keep up the amazing work and remember the world is a better place because of you.
thank you for this post.